12.16.2008

from lloyd dobler with love

This morning I was presented with a sweet little challenge. Here it is:

maybe because i need to be inspired or because i need to be reminded the simple warmth that a song can bring you or maybe even because i wouldn't mind a little boogie here in my seat while watching the next 8 hours go by. so 1 song a week......and feel free to throw out more. i know you have a collection of tunes that you are dying to share. so get to it....i need something new to hummm. xxoo katie

oh Katie girl, you've come to the right place. Unfortunately, I no longer have my amazingly awesome Napster music library from college, but I think I can whip something up for you with the help of Clare's iTunes and my trusty little nano.

Let's see....because today is cloudy, and drizzly, and the temperature is actually dropping as the hours pass, I think a little melancholy with a side of lovesick is in order. Here are a few favorites, straight from the Sad Song Sisters of HBP (and Lloyd, of course):

Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy
Now at Last by Feist
Nine Million Bicycles by Katie Melua
Coming Home by John Legend
Gardenia by Mandy Moore (almost as good as "Candy")
Latter Days by Over the Rhine
Reason Why by Rachel Yamagata
Lover, You Should've Come Over by Jeff Buckley
Dear Chicago by Ryan Adams
Love Will Come Through by Travis
White Christmas by Otis Redding (for a little dose of Christmas)
You are the Best Thing by Ray Lamontagne (for a little dose of cheer)

No comments: