12.02.2008

thank you


I was without a computer this Thanksgiving, so here’s my belated list.
...

I am thankful for my brothers and how they always make me laugh. I am thankful for our memories together, sleeping in cardboard boxes and launching Luke from our homemade catapult, and for the good friends we’ve become.

I am thankful for my trusty Civic, Whole Foods vegan chocolate chip cookies and for down comforters.

I am thankful for my job, my little office with a door, my co-worker Clare’s iTunes that she so kindly shares with me, and for Rachel who shares my deep love of tights, riding boots and cardigans.

I am thankful for European films, Colin Firth and Audrey Tautou.

I am thankful for Tim Tebow, the Gators, Gainesville, Florida, road trips and for the six years I got to spend living with my best friends in the world.

I am thankful for warm nights spent drinking on patios; for afternoons spent shopping, driving and enjoying McDonald’s ice cream cones with my mom; for movie trailers.

I am thankful for Lorrie and evenings spent talking in her basement, in her bathroom and, now, at her dining room table. I am thankful for the fact that we never gave up on each other and for our romantic afternoon spent in Capri.

I am thankful for my blog, the outlet to share all of the things I’m constantly thinking about; for Christmas lights, the comeback of 90210 and Winnie Cooper.

I am thankful for my dad and his seemingly super-human powers and never-ending faith in us. I am thankful for his taste in music, his love of family vacations, his cheese crisps and his blatant obsession with my mom.

I am thankful for my idealistic and hopelessly romantic ways; for flawless soundtracks and Chinese lanterns.

I am thankful for Manhattan flower stands and beach cruisers. I am thankful for Barack Obama and the fact that he’s going to be my new neighbor in 49 days.

I am thankful for my new families, their quirks and their histories; for Reese Witherspoon, Nate Berkus and Josh Groban.

I am thankful for choirs, musicals, Starbucks Chai Tea Lattes, bald babies and random acts of kindness.

I am thankful for my grandparents, their stories and their sense of humor; for East Rosebud Lake and acoustic guitars.

I am thankful for my past loves, for my heartaches, for cobblestone streets, for New York City, San Diego, Chicago, Orlando, Birmingham and Los Angeles.

I am thankful for Anson for saying “Hello, love of my life” when he picks up the phone, for his patience, his never-ending enthusiasm and for thinking I’m funny even though I’m not.

I am thankful for tequila, Justin Timberlake, smoothies and Tina Fey (and her glasses).

I am thankful for my mom and for the things that she says … and doesn’t say. I am especially thankful for her killer dance skills.

I am thankful.

2 comments:

Janet Scott said...

And I have been thankful since March 29th, 1982 when I gave birth to the most beautiful and perfect baby girl of life. Up until then I really didn't know what a miracle was.

Kristin said...

I love you. You're the cutest! And, how precious is your mom!? 3/29/82 is a pretty sweet birthday. xoxo