1.16.2009

to my mom

Dear Mom,

You are my most loyal reader and yesterday was your 28th birthday. Because of these two things, I owe you a serious apology for not dedicating yesterday's blog to you. I'm so very thorry (read 'sorry' with a lisp).

To make up for this offense, I'd like to propose a little toast to you and this past year. In 2008 I had the pleasure of seeing you almost every day, which was probably a whole lot more than you cared to see me and my Muppet Baby of a dog. I had been worried that it would be a hard 365 days, but it actually turned out to be pretty great, thanks to you. We sat through heinous movies together, went on long walks with the puppies, listened to Barack in a Leesburg field, ran our way through DC, had impromptu dance parties and spent many an evening sitting on your kitchen counter, eating entire blocks of cheese and sipping Fresca. All in all, it was a really good year and I'm so thankful we got to spend so much of it together.

So, here's to you Mom, the goddess of beer pong, pashminas, 5Ks and iPhoto. Happy birthday. I hope 2009 is the best year of life.

xoxo Thara

2 comments:

Newly Nalevanko said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Mrs. Scott!

Janet said...

If the first 15 days are any indicator, 2009 will be a banner year and 52 is not a bad place to be either. At least I can still bust some crazy dance moves!!! I love you, Thara and I love your blog. It thrills me no end to spend a little bit of time with you and my precious grand-puppy, Winnie Cooper, every day. You make me laugh and remind me often of what's important in life and how to make a difference. You keep me young. Thank you! Love you a ton. xo Mom