2.23.2009

the cheese to my macaroni

Apparently it’s not just me who's noticed the massive wave of memes flooding Facebook these days. While checking in with my favorite mama blogger, Heather, last week, I was pleasantly surprised to see that she had taken the time to fill one out. As silly as these little lists are, I just love them. And do you know what I love even more? Boyfriends for life.

So, I’ve decided to bring the same list here to give you a little looksie at the person who makes sure that our front door is triple locked every night and plunges the toilet like a pro.

What are your middle names?
My middle name is Catherine, but I want to change it to Scott. Anson’s middle name is Cody, which instantly brings to mind mullets and Nascar. You know, country things.

How long have you been together?

We’ve been married for 2 and a half years, together for 4 and a half years.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
About 30 seconds.

Who asked whom out?
There was never really any asking involved. He just started showing up on Friday afternoons … and would stay until Monday morning.

How old are each of you?
We’re both 26, but I’m 40 days older.

Whose siblings do you see more often?
We see my brothers more often, but even they’re too cool for us these days. We’ve definitely become the duds of the family.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Right now, I think the thing that causes the most stress in our lives is the strain of Anson being in grad school. He’s overtired and always has work that he should be doing. I’m bored and spend my weekends watching Turner Classic movies and rearranging our throw pillows. Needless to say, I’m over it.

Did you go to the same school?
No. We both graduated in 2004 – Anson from Virginia Tech, me from University of Florida.

Are you from the same home town?
Sort of. Anson grew up in Woodbridge, Virginia, which isn’t far from where I grew up in Fairfax. Anson moved all over the place, though, spending summers with his dad in Illinois and eventually moving to Charlottesville, Virginia, for high school. I wish we would’ve grown up together, though. Is it just me or does it weird any of you out to think about your significant other’s life before they met you?

Who is smarter?
Hmmmm. This is a really good question. In fact, this is a question we try and settle every night when we battle each other in Jeopardy (see above where I openly admit to being duds). Like, we actually keep a running tally of points and make wagers on Daily Doubles and Final Jeopardy. That’s right. You’re jealous.

Who is the most affectionate?
Remember that scene in “He’s Just Not That Into You” when Kevin Connolly is clinging to Scarlett Johansson while they’re sleeping in bed together? Let’s just say I feel ScarJo’s pain.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We go out for Mexican food a lot, but we probably go to Café Asia the most. Sushi and $1 beers? Yes, please.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together?
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

Who has the craziest exes?
I don’t think many of our exes are crazy (I'm sure some of my college friends would disagree), but we definitely have some good stories between the two of us.

Who has the worst temper?
I really don’t think I have a temper whatsoever, but maybe I’m delusional. Anson has a wee bit of road rage. Let’s just say we may be using the “earmuffs” tactic during road trips with our kids in the future.

Who does the cooking?
Um, that would be Anson. I know how to cook enchiladas, soup, quesadillas and omelets.
Excluding rice, Anson can cook anything.

Who is the neat freak?
Ahahahahahaha!

Who is more stubborn?
I haven’t pulled the “passive aggressive” card in a while, but I’m not afraid to use it.

Who hogs the bed?
Me. But really I’m just spreading my limbs out to avoid the clutching (see above). A girl’s gotta breathe.

Who wakes up earlier?
Oh, Anson. I laugh about this sometimes, but I really do feel sad for him when the alarm goes off at 5 am. Waking up for work when it’s still dark outside? Maybe. Leaving for work when it’s still dark outside? Oy. Getting to work when it’s still dark outside? Punch me in the face.

Where was your first date?
Ikea. Try to keep the swooning to a minimum, ladies.

Who is more jealous?
Pass, please.

How long did it take to get serious?
About 30 seconds. I don’t think there ever was a time when we didn’t think we’d always be together.

Who eats more?
Anson once ate 3,000 calories worth of Baja Fresh in one sitting. Let’s leave it as that.

Who does the laundry?
I go through the motions of switching loads of laundry, while Anson actually folds and puts things away. Also, if not for him emptying the lint thingy, our apartment would have burnt down by now. Oopie.

Who’s better with the computer?
I’m a Mac. He’s a PC.

Who drives when you are together?
Technically, Anson drives more, but I’m sure he feels like I’m driving when he is. In my defense, though, wouldn’t you be a little nervous if your husband had a history of SHUTTING HIS EYES while driving? Yeah, I thought so. Not okay.

1 comment:

Newly Nalevanko said...

Sadly, Chris and i share the same nightly date 7:30pm with Alex Trebek. He's quicker overall with general questions, but i master final jeopardy.