5.21.2009

24 hours in pictures

The last 24 hours have arguably been some of the best of my life. You think I'm kidding? I ask you, what's not to be overjoyed about?

First, there was the amazing "Down With Adam!" viewing party I hosted last night. Sure, 50% of my guests were dogs, but that just means there was plenty of Stoby's Cheese Dip (the pride of Conway, Arkansas) to go around. Plus, we had KRISpy Kremes and multiple bottles of Trader Joe's Two Buck "Chuck Taylor." It was glorious.

Speaking of Chucks, I was proudly sporting my Converse All Stars in honor of Captain Dreamboat.

As the results grew nearer, we decided it was time to bust out the donuts. By the time I went to sleep last night, the entire box was gone. What?!? If there's one things I've learned from Lorrie, it's if you're going to throw a themed party, you gotta commit.

And then, the moment we had all been waiting for.....Seacrest drops the bomb: KRIS wins! Sure, the results were anticlimactic, somewhat awkward and Kris actually uttered the words "Adam deserves this" (say what?!?), but yay, at least we got to hear that god awful Kara DioGuardi song again. Shoot me in the eye.


Anyway, after not getting much sleep, courtesy of mass amounts of Velveeta mixed with coffee creamer (yeah, I should've seen that coming), I came into work this morning t
o the
BEST SURPRISE EVER
...

Rach....in hotpink cardigan...and a headband...and strawberry rhubarb pie.
Can you say "heaven"?

2 comments:

The Geary's said...

I was waiting for your "Tribute to Kris" post:-) I was thrilled when loser Adam lost!

Sara Brown said...

Mrs. Geary! Invite me to read your blog, please:)