6.25.2009

leavin' on a jet plane


I’m not the best flyer.

Actually, that's an understatement. I hate everything about flying. From the moment I step foot in the airport to the time I grab my bags at my final destination, I'm basically a complete wreck. Sleeping on the plane? Not an option. Reading a book? Not possible. Even my go-to guilty pleasure (trash mags, packed with celebrity gossip) can't keep me occupied. In fact, the entire time on the plane I can only focus on one thing: Landing.

With that said, there are a few select things I'll gladly face flying for: bachelorette weekend
s; my annual family vacation in Montana; and Caribbean beach resorts. That's right—the Scott Family Reunion 2K9 starts on Saturday in sunny and wonderful St. Maarten, which means I will be spending 3+ hours on an aircraft. Oh joy. Oh bliss.

And as if just flying in general weren’t enough, I’m actually flying into one of the top 10 “scariest runways in the world” according to Travel + Leisure. Don’t believe me? Take a looky loo at this pic…


That’s right, ladies. No Photoshop here. Can you see the look on those beach-goers faces? No? Well, let me tell you, it’s pure terror, as a jumbo jet is about to land directly on top of them. You know, that's normal.

Man, I need a Xanax.

3 comments:

J. Trigiani said...

Sara-
I've been to that beach several times, and it's an awesome experience. If you have the chance while you're there, spend a few hours laying out at Maho Beach. While you may not like landing there, I think you'll enjoy being on the other end of it. Plus, there's a bar right there!! Have an amazing time on your vacation!!

Newly Nalevanko said...

Nice try sar, hellooo you're going to St. Maarten!! Have THE most amazing time! pictures please!

Clare said...

Actually, the St. Maarten airport looks the least scary of any on that list (well, except for Reagan, which is actually one of my favorites to fly into and out of). Guess who won't be flying into Lesotho anytime soon? Yeah, that'd be me.