10.21.2009

battle of the bulge

I haven’t been sleeping much lately. Actually, let me rephrase that: I haven’t been sleeping much at night lately, but who likes to sleep when it's dark out, right? Yep ladies, just another pregnancy perk as my ever-expanding midsection has turned my all-time favorite hobby — snoozing — into nothing more than an infuriating series of side-to-side rolls over the course of the night. Even Anson has gotten in on the action by so sweetly positioning himself on the very edge of our mattress and giving me as much room as possible to sprawl out with my large-and-in-charge body pillow. But it’s just not cutting it. Seriously, my dear husband may not know it yet, but he’s about to get the boot to the pullout sofa for the next 3.5 months. Hasta la vista, Brownie. See you in February! Smooches. xoxo


23 weeks. Jealous?

But honestly, I ask you ladies, how’s a stomach-sleeping girl supposed to get any rest with this lovely bump between her and the bed? I know, it’s quite the predicament, isn’t it? And please, spare me the “it’s only going to get worse” comments. I’m well aware, thank you very much. And I’m not too pleased about it. Guess I’ll just have to keep battling it out with a baby that’s the size of an envelope. He’s going to kick my ass for the next 117 days, isn’t he? I know. Big sigh.

8 comments:

J. Trigiani said...

I had the same problem Sara. As a stomach sleeper (and boy was I glad the day Taylor was born, back to my stomach I went!), the first night I couldn't sleep on my stomach was the worst. I'm pretty sure I didn't get any sleep. It took me a good two weeks to finally get more than 3 hours straight of sleep at night. But that's nothing compared to the bathroom breaks every two hours the last month!!

The Geary's said...

First, your bump is precious! I want to give him a little kiss! Second, I totally get you. I am a semi-reformed stomach sleeper who can't wait to fall off the wagon after my little one gets here. I tried the snoogle with no avail and went to a huge ass body pillow. It helps, but the every 2 hour waking to use the bathroom and switch my position so my OTHER hand and arm can start the pins and needles action is what gets me. And don't worry...separate sleeping quarters is en vogue during pregnancy;-) Chad had to do it a couple times this week because I've been sick. XOXO Beautiful Momma!

Katie Farmand said...

Eeeee, I love the preggo belly shot! It totally made my day. I don't have any experience to share (obvs) but I do remember Nicole saying the same thing -- having a hard time getting comfortable...and also just having a hard time sleeping at night in general.

I miss you! XOXO

Kristin said...

I luuuuuurve your belly!!! :) And, I am a stomach sleeper too... it's going to be a rough go of it, as you've shown me (I just realized that made it sound like I am currently preggo, and I am not... just FYI... lol). xoxoxoxo!

Deborah S. Bosley, Ph.D. said...

When I was pregnant (in the hot hot summer) I must have taken two baths a day. The only time I felt free of the weight was in the water. Hope you have a nice large tub in your new place. I notice we can see your tummy but not your face. Keep your face in the picture (literally and metaphorically). Love, D

Newly Nalevanko said...

LOOOVE! You're adorable, sar!

Rachel said...

Hiiiiiii. I love your belly. I miss your face. I adore your blog.

Jessie Spalding said...

i second the bath idea. as i got bigger i would have to take a warm bubble bath every night before bed. it helped me relax. i also used multiple pillows, too. i had my body pillow and then 3 other ones i used. good luck. if anything as you get bigger you might think you would get more uncomfortable but really i think it gets easier bc you are nore used to it and you find out what works best for you. btw your bump is so adorable.