12.21.2009

ladies and gentlemen...


Sleep has left the building.


(Written at 5:47 am this morning while eating a peanut butter & jelly sandwich and watching Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance” video. You can't make this shit up.)


Oh guys, it’s a sad, sad day. I mean, I heard this would happen, but I never really believed it would happen. I’m Sara freakin’ Brown for crying out loud, the girl who loves “caving” in my room more than anything on earth. Sure, I’ve had my recent moments of late night ranting while I’m rolling from side to side trying to find a comfortable resting place for my planet of a stomach, or when I’m tripping over Winnie on my way to the bathroom for the eleventh time in one night, but I never really thought anything could keep me from sleeping altogether. That is, until now.


Let me introduce you to what I lovingly refer to as the stomach spasm. This oh-so enjoyable maneuver is what I can only describe as a series of vibrating jumping jacks—all limbs, all directions, major vibration. Actually, what am I talking about?!? I have no idea what this kid is doing in there, but apparently it’s disruptive to sleep. Not enjoyable.


Anyway, I know this is all probably meant to prepare me for what lies ahead, but I just didn’t’ expect for it to come so soon. I mean, who knows how much time will have to pass before I get a good night’s sleep again….5 years? 10 years? Fooooorrrrrreeeevvvveeeerrrr?


Ok, enough with the melodramatics. I just miss you, Slumber. Come back to me, friend.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh the things to look forward to... :) xoxo

The Geary's said...

At least you will be able to sleep on your belly again:-) Not for 8 hour stretches;-) But it is worth it!!!!

Blaine and Nicole said...

Well I hate to say that you hit the nail on the head, but I am convinced those nonsleeping nights pre-baby are definatly in preparation! But its all worth it in the end, no doubt! And when people tell you to take it easy and relax and rest as much as possible before he gets here, just listen! Best of luck!
Nicole