1.13.2010

a special thank you


A few weeks back I was sitting on the couch (shocker) eating peanut butter from the jar (even bigger shocker) perusing my favorite momma sites, when I came across a post on Melissa's sweet blog. Now, mind you, Melissa is one of those San Francisco bloggers that I've posted about before, which means that she's creative...and married to a guy that plays the guitar...and rocks a wardrobe straight off of Anthropologie.com. Not to mention, she managed to maintain this coolness while pregnant for 9+ months. This means that I basically hate her.

Anyway....so, I was reading her darling blog, when I came across a post dedicated to the few things that made her third-trimester a tad less miserable. Sure, she listed things like milk and oranges (um, pretty sure those things would make me yack if I consumed them now or EVER), but that doesn't mean I can't make a list of my own, right? Right.

Here are a few of my faves:

You guys thought I was kidding about the mass amounts of donettes, but I couldn't be more serious. I suggest you start consuming these on a daily basis, pregnant or not. You're welcome.



Um hey, Pepperidge Farm! Heaven called and they want their delicious sugary sticks of vanilla goodness back. Seriously girls, these things are amazing. Plus, they're French, which means they're fancy. And I'm all about fanciness these days.


Praise the lord and pass the spandex! Sure, these days my legs look like stuffed sausages in my maternity leggings, but I gave up on cuteness long ago. I don't know about you, but I think all pants, maternity or not, should come with 10 inches of elastic sewn into the top. Genius!


Oh Rory and Logan, how I heart thee. Sure, Rory, your peaches-and-cream complexion and flawless hair kind of make me feel like screaming when I'm walking around my apartment with toothpaste spots on my zits (thanks for the adult acne, Sammy boy), but I still have a serious girl crush on you.


1 comment:

The Geary's said...

Melissa is actually Kim Ervick's classmate from NC State and she sent me her birth story and I got teary eyed.
As for your 3rd tri must haves...yeah, they are all pretty awesome. I STILL eat donettes:-)