2.11.2010

just thought I'd let you know...


That my body has decided it doesn't want to work anymore. This is mostly due to the fact that my globe of a midsection had turned into one big ball of "YOWZA!" over these last few days. Nothing to get excited about, I assure you, but definitely not enjoyable.

And now, courtesy of the 30 extra pounds of "Ouchy WA WA!", my legs have decided they don't really feel like moving and my eyes don't feel like staying open for more than, well, 20 minutes at a time. Luckily, my little Baltimore street is still buried under 67,843 inches of snow, so I feel no need to be productive in any way. Instead, I've decided to stay as horizontal as possible in between my efforts to clean out my entire refrigerator. This afternoon I actually made a quadruple-decker quesadilla, ladies. Yep. I'm not proud.

So, with 3 days left until my due date, the laziness-slash-hot mess factor has hit an all time high, which makes me wonder ... how in the hell do women do this when they already have a kid (or three)?!? I mean, I could be wrong, but I don't think toddlers are cool to just veg out with a box of Nilla Wafers while their moms watch an entire box set of "Felicity." Hmm. Definitely something to consider before round 2.

So yeah, as much as I've enjoyed this experience of being pregnant, I'm done now. I'm ready to be able to tie my own shoes again. I'm ready to sleep on my stomach. I'm ready to kiss my husband without bouncing off of him like a ping pong ball. I'm even ready to say "so long" to the - dare I say it - donettes, and get back to my old only semi-lazy self.

Most of all, though, I'm ready to meet my baby boy.

2 comments:

Newly Nalevanko said...

Crazy excited for you, sar! It's been a fun journey for all of us to watch/read.. So for now, get as much sleep as you can.. because you've got a big week ahead momma!

The Geary's said...

Come on Sam I am! Your momma is ready:-)and so are we!!! BTW...I commend you for only gaining 30 lbs! ::slinks away into a corner:: XOXO