3.04.2010

crazy love


Ok, friends. What I'm about to say might shock you...

Having a newborn is crazy hard.

Ok, not exactly ground-breaking news, but let's just say I was not at all prepared for this new stage of my life. You know that feeling from college when you would stay up all night, leaving you feeling physically ill from exhaustion? Yeah...I wasn't prepared to feel like that for 14 days straight. I wasn't prepared for the endless stream of hormones that can send you into a full-on meltdown for no reason whatsoever. I wasn't prepared for the explosive diapers, the projectile spit-up and having a tiny human pee straight into your eye. Seriously, you're 18 days old - where'd you learn how to aim like that?!? (You're laughing now, but just you wait.) And I definitely wasn't prepared for the "fuss," which is really such a misleading term. Nope, there's nothing "fussy" about babies, friends. Let's tell it like it is, shall we? It's called screaming.

On the other hand, I also wasn't prepared to be even more in love with my husband than I ever thought I could be. And I wasn't prepared to feel so proud of myself for delivering a baby and taking care of him for 4 whole days, all by myself. And I definitely wasn't prepared to fall so head over heels for this little person who is the absolute love of my life. I mean, just look at that face...




Almost makes you forget about the whole "peeing in the eye" thing, right? Ok, not really, but you have to admit he's pretty scrumptious.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Absolutely delectable. :) What's that Darrius Rucker song... "It Won't Be Like This For Long"? I think that's it... it's the truth. Of course, I only know from second hand experience, but they grow up way too fast! xoxo!

Newly Nalevanko said...

You're doing great, sar! Our thoughts are with you everyday!! His aim could be future talent, maybe a little Olympian in the making? LOVE YOU, Momma!

Clare said...

Have you ever seen the Peepee Teepees they sell at Uncommon Goods? I've always wondered if those actually work...sounds like you might be a good guinea pig. :-)

Blaine and Nicole said...

The sleep only gets better, I promise. No matter what, though, the lack of sleep never gets any easier! Enjoy every waking moment, because you honestly can't imagine how fast it does go by! He's a cutie pie, congrats to you guys!

sbrown237 said...

Love Love Love it only gets better - you are making it through the first few rough weeks... I know you know it is all worth it - can't wait to get there and let you and your handsome hubby go on a DATE!!

sbrown237 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.