11.02.2010

shameless plug.

Remember this post back in November when I admitted that, while I love my husband (hey Brown!), I do have a few celebrity crushes? Well, I'm not proud to admit this, but I was lying to you, my dear readers. In fact, I have many, many, many celebrity crushes. It's actually a problem.

I got a fever and the only cure is more BIEBER.



The thing is, this obsession doesn't stop at celebrities. Oh no, it carries into the real world, too. Sound creepy? It kind of is. But in my defense, most of my other secret loves are the personalities behind the blogs that I read religiously. I mean, what's a crush-aholic to do when I'm bombarded by the sweet stories and pictures of darling little families on a regular basis? Seriously, it's my kryptonite.

So, it's because of this wee little problem that I was beyond ecstatic when my editor at Shelterpop asked me to interview -- wait for it -- Sherry and John Petersik from Young House Love, one of the best do-it-yourself home-design blogs out there. Yeah, it pretty much took all I had not to invite myself down to Richmond for a play date with Sherry and baby girl Clara before getting off the phone, but I managed to keep it together without turning into a complete and total hot mess. Believe me, I was as shocked as your are.

Seriously, what's a crazy person like me to do when faced with this cuteness?

So, long story short, I wrote a little story about this totally talented-yet-totally relatable couple and, if you're interested, you can check it out here. Or you can just log on to their awesome blog and leave feeling incredibly lazy and uncreative in comparison. I kid, I kid.

(Not really.)

3 comments:

The Geary's said...

Sweet! I read YHL every morning!!

Marden Family said...

OMG. I'm dying over here. First of all, congrats on the great article. And secondly, I can't believe you got to interview John and Sherry! They are like my Justin Timberlake of the blog world!

Kristin said...

I love your inclusion of Reese Witherspoon. I feel the same way.

And, YAY! I am addicted to way too many blogs, but there's was the first! Heading to read your interview now... I bet it's fabulous!