2.28.2011

monday, again.

Hey kids. Well, it's Monday, and -- shocker -- I seem to have caught Sam's oh-s0-lovely cold. Thankfully, it seems as though I've avoided the earth-shaking cough that he had last week, so that's a plus. I guess this is what you get when you spend your days open-mouth kissing your snot-faced baby. Yep, you read that right, Sam only knows how to give kisses with his mouth wide open. Just keepin' it classy.

So yeah, this foggy brain of mine doesn't have much to share, but I do have a few random thoughts for this rainy Monday...

  • Have any of you noticed all of these new crazy "eat like a caveman and you'll look amazing" diets that everyone seems to be trying these days? My brother is doing the Primal Blueprint diet, and he's lost something like 15 pounds. And my fellow Florida girl, Kristin, has been doing the PALEO lockdown for the last six weeks and she looks like a little lean, mean fightin' machine. (Seriously KO, do you have permit for those guns, girlfriend?) So, am I intrigued by these diets? Yes. Do I have the discipline to actually eat this way for any period of time? Not in a million years.

  • So, I've been trying to think of a funny way to say this, but I just can't -- the Oscars were complete shit last night. I give Anne Hathaway all kinds of credit for trying to keep the show afloat while it was so tragically sinking to its slow, painful death, but wowza -- it was really bad, right? I mean, Kirk Douglas? I could hardly watch.

  • So, last week when I was driving home from Target, I thought it would be fun to drive Sam past my old high school. I'll admit, I do this a lot. (What can I say? I'm a sucker for a healthy dose of nostalgia.) I take every opportunity to drive through Franklin Glen, taking Sam past the neighborhood pool where I used to lifeguard and say, "See baby, that's where momma used to sit around doing nothing for entire summers making minimum wage." Or we drive past Lorrie's old house on Hidden Meadow Drive and I say, "See baby, that's where aunt Lorrie used to live and that's where momma's car got egged in high school -- right there, in that very driveway." Or we drive past Franklin Middle School and I say, "See baby, that's where momma experimented with frosty lipgloss and Contempo Casuals for two miserable years." So, last week I decided to take him past Chantilly, only to let out an audible WHHAAAA?!? when I saw that the old painted shed was no longer there. Figuring it had been taken down months earlier, I didn't think much of it, but I came to find out it had just been torn down the day before. And let me tell you, some people are sincerely pissed about it. Is it a tragedy? Um, I'm going to go ahead and say, probably not. But it is a little bit sad.

  • And speaking of sad, um....did any of you see Celine Dion on Oprah last week? More specifically, did you see her sing Billy Joel's "Lullaby" while a tear-inducing slideshow of her babies played in the background? Seriously, how does Oprah get away with broadcasting this kind of thing smack in the middle of the day? Doesn't she know that some of us need to go on functioning after her show and can't just melt into a puddle of sappy goo for the rest of the evening? Geezus, Oprah. Help a girl out.

  • And last, Sam is not walking. Like not at all. Like you grab his hands to help him and he just sits down. Should I be concerned?

2 comments:

JMMarden said...

I so agree about the Oscars! What the heck was James Franco even there for? Honestly. And don't worry about Sam not walking. In fact, I'd say enjoy it. Your life goes haywire once they start walking.

Kristin said...

Haha, I think I was skiing when you posted this. I am working on the permitting process right now. ;) xo!!!