4.01.2011

blog love: mommy moi

Blogs are funny little things.

I understand that, at their core, they're supposed to be online diaries ... a place to post your most earnest feelings about the moments that make up your life. But, to be honest, I have a hard time actually going there when it comes to my own blog. Do I write about silly (or not so silly) arguments that I have with Anson? Rarely. Do I share embarrassing stories about my family or friends? Only the most light-hearted little ditties. I don't even really post pictures of myself. I guess, as much as I love blogging, I have a fear of putting it all out there. After all, who really cares that much, right?


I especially feel this way when it comes to mom stuff. Not just obvious things like baby weight or lack of sleep, but the big, crazy, make-your-head-spin kind of topics like, "I love my baby, but I miss my old life," or "I love being a mom, but sometimes I want to drop kick my husband when he walks through the door after being at work all day and I'm sitting in soaking wet sweatpants because I literally just fell into the bathtub, with my baby."


But just because I don't always feel comfortable delving into the world of frustration ... and confusion ... and yes, resentment, doesn't mean I don't have those feelings. And some of my favorite bloggers are those women who really put it all out there and tell it like it is when it comes to motherhood. I mean, I know this isn't exactly earth-shattering news, but this stuff is hard. And even though I hold quite a bit back, I appreciate those who don't.


Which leads me to my new favorite blog, Mommy Moi. It's written by my Shelterpop editor, Brooke, and it's pretty much amazing. Just check out her "Press" tab and it's plain to see the girl can write, but it's what she writes about that's so honest and relatable. From feeling (and looking) like a hot mess 24/7 to guilt to over-the-moon love, she covers it all. And she blogs everyday. Which, as you all know, is a commitment I respect, but can't seem to wrap my busy little brain around. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Geena said...

hi! i thought your blog was pretty cool! Even posting about not writing it all is real. One of the hardest things to do when you're writing about yourself is to put it all out there. We are all conscious of how we come across =)

L&L

Geena

happyistheday said...

Hey Sara! You have to keep writing. I miss hearing your voice. How are you doing? I hope well!! Brooke