9.15.2011

a little love note on our anniversary.

Dear Anson,

Five years ago today, we said "I do."

Five years ago today, I didn't know that I could (and would) fall more in love with the kind, loyal and excited-for-life boy who drove up 29 multiple times a week to see me for a year.

Five years ago today, I didn't know that I would develop an undying obsession with lox and bagels, Steak n' Shake and Take Fives. Seriously babe, you've done wonders for my diet.

Five years ago today, I didn't know that we would hold hands, crying tears of joy in a hospital in Baltimore and crying tears of sadness on a Friday night car ride to Charlottesville.

Five years ago today, I didn't know that we would live together through two years of graduate school, one year of residency and a once-in-a-lifetime trip to Chad and back.

Five years ago today, I didn't know that we'd live with my parents (count it) two times before one day living in the 'burbs, doing home-improvement projects on the weekends and seriously debating buying a mini van. (Gasp.)

Five years ago today, I knew that you were a master Christmastime decorator, but I didn't know that you were such a stud in the kitchen. And Mr. Fix It. And a professional baby manicurist. Mad skills, babe. Mad skills.

Five years ago today, I didn't know the words to pretty much every Jimmy Buffett song ever.

Five years ago today, I didn't know that we'd be the proud parents of a ginger-headed sweet potato and the 3.3-pound "bundle of navel oranges" that is currently residing IN. MY. BELLY.

Five years ago today, I knew I wanted to marry you, but I had no idea how much fun, comfort and sheer happiness would come with being your wife.

Happy anniversary, babe.

I really love you a lot.

xoxo

4 comments:

The Gearys said...

PItter Patter...xoxo

Newly Nalevanko said...

A true love story!

Janet Scott said...

He's kind of grown on me too... Kind and patient husband to the daughter I adore, fabulous Dad (period), respected and caring PA, and he can "consolidate" or finish off leftovers in the refrigerator like it's his full time job! What's not to love? What's more, there was a bonus package that came along with your union in 2006 - the Browns, the Bosleys, the Koepps, and eventually Sam-I-Am. XO

Lorrie Belford said...

AHHH - total mess of tears of here! You guys are amazeballs. Love you both.