11.06.2011

a word on change.


On Tuesday, at 3:30 pm, Audrey arrived.

(Completely unexpected, completely overwhelming, completely amazing.)

And to document one of the most unexpected, overwhelming and amazing days of my life, we have the above photo. Yep, after basically creating a low-budget documentary of Sam's birth and first few days of life, we have -- count it -- one real photo of Audrey thus far. This, and a few hazy Blackberry photos, are what I'll have to remember November 1, 2011 by.

All hail the Mother of the Year!

All joking aside, things are just different this time around than they were last time. And I knew that would be true. Sam's a crazy man, which means that Audrey spends a lot of the day peacefully rocking in her swing, taking it all in like the angel baby that she is. I haven't updated my blog or written a detailed email to all of my girlfriends giving a play-by-play of her delivery. Hell, I haven't even unpacked my hospital bags yet. Truthfully, I haven't done much of anything.

And that's okay. Because if there's one thing I learned from my original "baby," it's that this all goes by so fast. So fast it literally makes your heart hurt if you stop long enough to think about it. So, for now, I'm just spending my time holding my babies, neglecting personal hygeine and loving and appreciating my husband more than I ever have before.

In the mean time, here's one of the aforementioned cell phone pics to hold you over. A little bit fuzzy, a little bit cross-eyed, a lot adorable...

9 comments:

The Gearys said...

I am so proud of you! I am so thrilled for all of you! She is so precious and perfect and what a lucky family you all are. Sar, you are amazing!

Rkoepp said...

You are an amazing Mother, Sara. To have found time to post this fabulous photo with the two loves of my life(yes, Anson, I still love you) and a photo with your Mother who is simply and positively the best, is so wonderful. We're all cheering you and Anson!

K Ervick said...

She is so cute Sara. Congrats! I can't wait to read about your adventures with two.

J. Trigiani said...

She's absolutely adorable Sara!!! Congratulations!! And again, let me know if you need anything.

Janet Scott said...

Although you know I sumptuously breath in every speck of your blogs (a friendly little fly-on-the-wall look into life with the Browns) I have to say this one had a comment that made me take pause. "Loving and appreciating" your husband more than you ever have before is a deal bigger than Sam and Audrey combined. It's the long haul. It's forever. Can I have this dance for the rest of my life? XO

Lorrie Belford said...

Love the pics, love the post, love everything. Especially you, trailblazer.

Si Si said...

What better photo to commemorate such an awesome event. Two adoring grandmothers and a curious big brother with your precious baby angel Audrey!! Kudos to you Sara for your Rock Star performance!!!!

Newly Nalevanko said...

Sar, you inspire me on so many levels! Being the crazy, nervous, freaked out mother-to-be that I am, you remind me that everything will be just fine :)

Kristin said...

Love. :) Congrats on your beautiful daughter. Future ADPi? xo