1.19.2012

and now for the part where I ramble...

Random (but sweet) photo for a random (but sweet) blog post.
  • First things first -- my dear friend, miss Lindsay of Newly Nalevanko, is in the hospital having her baby girl right now. Like right this very minute. And this, my friends, makes my heart skip a beat. I can't wait to meet baby Isabelle, but really I'm just so excited for Lindsay (and Chris). I know, I know -- I tend to go on and on about how straight-up crazy parenting is (read on for more proof of this), but it really is such an amazing thing. The best thing, actually.
  • And speaking of "best" things .... have you guys seen the new Taylor Swift video? Um, hello Matt Saracen from Friday Night Lights. Have I told you lately that I love you? I mean, I don't love you as much as I love Tim Riggins (duh), but still. Anyway, I enjoy you. Well done, T. Swift. Well done.
  • And it's because of Audrey's current no-rhyme-or-reason sleep schedule that I'm watching things like Taylor Swift music videos at ungodly hours of the morning. Yep, you'd think at almost three months in, we'd be turning a corner. Seeing the light after being on the dark side of the moon, so to speak. Transitioning out of "survival" mode into "I can sort of pretend that I've got a handle on things" mode. But, yeah, not so much. The only good thing about this stand still in Audrey's sleep progress? I have an excuse to wear my Minnetonka slippers all the livelong day. Yep, nothing says "hot mess" like furry house shoes, flannel pajama pants and over-the-top exhaustion.
  • (Today, on GChat, I told my brother Mike that I was currently sitting on the couch in pajamas and house shoes. He thought this was awesome. I told him it was awesome. Awesome and undeniably gross.)
  • Which leads me to Glennon Melton's Huffington Post article, "Don't Carpe Diem," which has been making the rounds in the blogosphere this week. Have you read it? I first came across it on Dear Baby, and although I agree with Melissa's point about staying present as a parent, I kind of love, well, everything Melton has to say. I mean, is this really a surprise? This coming from the girl who strapped the Baby Bjorn to her chest, belted Sam into the shopping cart, and bravely marched into Harris Teeter a couple of weeks ago, only to abandon my cart and literally HAUL ASS to the car after Audrey barfed all over my neck and Sam morphed into exorcist baby when he discovered they were fresh out of free sugar cookies. (Really, Harris Teeter?!? Really?!? Help a girl out.) Yeah, it wasn't pretty. Anyway, read the article. It's good. And true. So true.
  • I know I sound like a broken record, but I wish Sam would start to talk. Just a few words. Or one word. You know, even a few hand signals or blinking patterns would work. Really, I'll take anything I can get at this point.
  • Today marks the grand opening of Haven's Kitchen, the cooking school-slash-food shop-slash-event space-slash-complete and total amazingness, that my best friend Katie has been working on for so long. Now, while I don't want to get my gush on all over this already-much-too-long post, I just have to say that I am beyond proud of her. Like, kind of in awe. Actually, not kind of in awe. Totally in awe.
  • Anson came home from working an overnight shift this morning. Upon walking in the door, he suggested (nay demanded) that I go sleep for a few hours. So I did. And it was glorious. (I love you, Brown.)
  • Isabelle -- it's 11:31. Are you here yet?

3 comments:

The Gearys said...

Can I eat her? Is that allowed or discouraged?

Janet Scott said...

I am such a fan of Anson Cody Brown!

Rkoepp said...

Me too, Janet. He's such a good guy. Isn't Audrey adorable.